Tuesday, 8th August.
A rather broken night – only to be expected really. And a huge breakfast!
Boats out – this is little Kate with Castor - and eventually down to the lake with Noah – Abel was at football practice – for a first paddling lesson. And he did pretty well, really.
We spent about an hour and a half on the water and then came back for lunch – which was equally substantial.
Drizzly weather and (as it subsequently proved, subtly buggy) Bryony, Mark and I set about deer-proofing the flower garden. Out came the chain saw. The boys set about a hunt for the fencing tool that Daddy previously gave me and that I mislaid whilst building the deer fence last fall. And lo and behold, Bryony found it! Wonders! That’s hers when I shuffle off!
Decent job I think – but we certainly found the bites later! I shall extend it all the way to the path throughout in due course!
RIBS for supper – much appreciated.
Wednesday, 9th August.
To Tremblant for the day. To a wonderful attraction, only opened last summer, the Treetop Walk. This was just brilliant. Even I, with my vertigo, felt very safe; it’s a gentle gradient to the top and the whole thing was covered in families. Silent, no machinery, nothing but a structure – and a walkway – in the forest.
Then to Tacos Lolita for lunch and home to the lake!
Where Abel had his first paddling lesson, Noah took to Little Kate, Bryony and Mark to Moonlight and I to Burlesque.
Wonderful.


No comments:
Post a Comment