Monday, 25th August.
Why am I cautious about things; apprehensive even?
I think that a ceramic-cutting disk on a disk-cutter may justifiably engender
caution. There’s no thickness of leather
gloves or knee protection that’s going to keep you safe if that thing goes off
on one. Fortunately, it didn’t, and I
cut the last tile for the bathroom and stuck that on. I just have to wait for the cement to dry
before I can grout the joints and then we’re done!
A katydid came to supervise. We are surrounded today by squirrels – red ones in particular. Too fast to photograph.
Tuesday, 26th
I am, apparently, snoring. Again. We thought we’d cured that.
The tile cement had set so I grouted the panel’s joints. Not bad if I say so myself.
Karen and Denis dropped by for a chat. Denis managed to get through to M Houle by phone. The latter will come next week to install a sand trap in the water line, to talk about a UV steriliser and to deal with the leaking stop tap. Hooray!
Hummingbirds are frequenting the pelargoniums in their baskets; there are simply loads of little birds at the feeder. We had thought that this was a bird-sparse season but not now! The American Goldfinch (male and female actually) is and are just stuffing themselves. They are there more than anything else.
In to the village for a big shop – visitors tomorrow. Rain start and finish.


The tile job looks excellent! I think a degree of wariness around any spinning blade makes a ton of sense. Have a beautiful long weekend 😊
ReplyDelete