Sunday, 24 August 2025

Familiar faces

 

Saturday, 23rd.

Domestic day.

Rain threatened – it finally came after dark – so I set to, to cut the lawn.  I admit that I had to stop a couple of times.  I may be well but I’m not fit!

Bruneau dropped in for a long chat and to offer to lay slabs on the rest of the path to the house - but his estimate was far too high I'm afraid.  Stone chippings it remains.


Salmon teriyaki for supper and then a leisurely evening I’m afraid.  The mowing had been hard work and my (previously repaired) ankle was giving me gyp.  Crashed out early.

( I can’t believe that this is the only thing I did today but then, I can’t remember anything else…..)

 

Sunday, 24th.

Despite having the screened window open all night, I was hot.  I thought that I had slept badly but Ali tells me that I missed a thunderstorm!  I did, however, lie awake for a troubled hour before getting up, puzzling over the last stages of our expedition.  Ah me.

To Church at Grace; old friends, and a lovely welcome.  We went for lunch at the little café at the crossroads with Wanda and Rod and then bought hanging baskets at the nursery.  Lovely, deep red pelargoniums.

To Tremblant to try to buy a map book.  These things seem not to exist any more.  Three petrol stations and Canadian tire and we drew blanks everywhere.  I guess the motoring organisation should have one?  But CT DID have a wandering Goldman; Lorne, just arrived from Ecuador.  An aisle-blocking chat.  Great to see him.

 

 

Home via a fruitless search for the Blueberry Lake resort – for curiosity.  But we found some lovely countryside in the process.  (Image repair thanks to Guy - seconds and 700km away!)


Pretty weary but cheerful.  Stillness fills the cottage – Ali is knitting Angels…..


1 comment:

  1. Always here! Love you dad. How funny to see Lorne in CT out of the blue! Ask him about the fuel filter model 😉

    ReplyDelete