Saturday was colder; not very cold but cold enough to turn the thawed parking spot into a skating rink. Mark needed to get into the barn so we arranged for Yves to come and cut an access way. Amazing how mushy the snow was deeper down.
The Blue Jays have been raiding the feeders, and now squirrels have joined them. So we have enveloped one of the feeders in chicken mesh and the little birds have learned how to gain access through the wire. Ali started to walk out over the snow path to refill the meadow feeder. The snow has rotted with the rain and I had to put snow shoes on to pull her back on the toboggan.
Little trip to the village for antifreeze for the loos. I have cut coving for the bathroom, I may yet fix it this evening.
Sunday, awake early to watch Canada win the men's Olympic ice hockey gold. Chores now, except for taking the car to Michel' s to store. A very tricky walk back on a road frozen despite the salt.
Packing, and then cleaning. Off to Toronto tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment