The water - which I had run until the well emptied yesterday - was cleaner, but not yet clean. Fortunately, we had filled two of these boxes with clean water on Monday morning so we were OK for washing and cooking - and for flushing the loo, we could use the sandy stuff.
But the day dragged a bit - it was very hot, forecast the last of the heat until next week.
So, once it had backed off a bit, I went fishing; very small baits, about an inch long. Eureka! 3 Small Mouth Bass, 2 Large Mouth Bass. None of them would have made a meal on its own so each went back. Had I kept all five, we would have had a feast!
Dark by 7.00 pm.
Wednesday, 27th September.The water ran clear this morning, so I reconnected it to the house. Yippee!
We found out how to remove the windows from the screen room to clean them; thy've become very dusty. It made a great difference - until the clouds gathered and the solar lights came on. We rushed to pull the laundry off the line and "Crrrraaaack", a clap of thunder presaged a tremendous downpour - it got worse than this, you couldn't see across the meadow. Trees, whole trees, swayed in the wind. And twenty minute later, it was gone.
Moonlight now, but definitely cooler. We have been sleeping with the screened windows wide open for the last few nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment