Saturday, 23 September 2017

Stunned!

Thursday, 21st September

We stayed up very late on Wednesday night - and were late and lethargic on Thursday as a result.

The day started well; the speedometer on the car - which had been stuck below the rest-spike ever since leaving lock 5 for the LCBO - succumbed to the very simple procedure outlined on YouTube.  What would we do without the internet?  Pay larger garage bills I expect!  It now works.

But the house water-pump doesn't; at least not very well. I checked the cut-in and cut-off pressures on the new switch - 50 and 30 psi respectively; fine.  Then I drained down the tank and checked the internal bladder pressure - undetectable.  So I got out the car tyre-pump and started trying to re-inflate the bladder.  After 10 minutes - nothing.

A visit to Claude was called for to borrow his compressed air cylinder and to chat generally and about the pump. We are agreed that all is not well.

I brought the bladder pressure up to 28psi and turned everything on again.  But the tank fills really slowly - and we have a mountain of washing to do!  I left an overnight email for Denis - he has recently had a new well drilled at the house in Tremblant - for a recommendation for someone to help.
We got the boat off the car – it clearly has two cracked ribs – and emptied the luggage.  The house is full down-stairs!
We’re trying to stick to a reduced calorie intake, having done so during the trip.  We had similar breakfast and lunch and a light supper.  Latish to bed again.

Friday, 22nd September.


Denis came good with the recommendation – he’d already contacted someone for us by 08.00 and a very pleasant young man came to visit us whilst we were still in pyjamas…..  It seems that we have the original pump from when the house was built.  It will need to come out.  Dire warnings about the possibility of its being stuck and the need for a new well; we’ll hope for the best.  He’ll come on Monday afternoon to do the work.  Meanwhile, Ali does the laundry in stages determined by the tank’s needing to be reset as it runs out of water!

Lovely Skype chats with both Bryony and Ginny; we miss you, too guys.

I cut all the lawns in case an American President wants to come to play golf (bad joke!), and then I went fishing.  Gloriously still on the water; one small, Small-mouth Bass.  Something has changed this year for sure!

I fell asleep in the Lazyboy – back to normal then.  Huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment