Monday, 1st February; how time flies!
The temperature has gone up - from the deep freeze, deep snow of the end of last week, we are now once again in slush!
So we went for a walk; the trails are too heavy for snow-shoes so we just strolled down to the end of des Mauves, to the plot next to the dam where we sat with Guy all those years ago!
At that time, only the last ten feet of the ice in the upper lake was open; only the first twenty feet of the lower lake was unfrozen.
Not now! Now there is a great area - a soccer pitch perhaps - of open water at the dam's outfall.
The road was treacherous - except for those parts where the snow-pack
had completely melted and the road beneath - dirt road at this point -
was a muddy sludge. Ali scooted along at Scouts' pace; I kept up my mile-eating trudge.
Back at home, I'd an appointment with a boat and a huge sheet of
canvas.
Fortunately I'd made sushi during the day so supper was easy. That's a picture for Natalie! No chop-sticks, I'm afraid. I shall have to remedy that!
Tuesday, 2nd January.
Colder again this morning; Ali had spilled some bird-food at some point yesterday - this guy discovered the cache and dug and dug and dug to get at them!
So now Ann has arrived with Rosie - the dog - from Kingston. Curry for supper and a spontaneous collapse in to sleep for me afterwards.
We shall have to see what tomorrow brings - forecast is due for +6 degrees. Yeuch.





That old photo is wonderful to see again! And what a sushi feast, that looks so delicious.
ReplyDeleteI will show Nat. She will be pleased. She thoroughly enjoyed her day with you. X x
ReplyDelete