Thursday, 27 September 2018

Wheeee!

Thursday, 27th September







So much today; a real hardworking day.  It started fairly early as I had said that I wanted to see Marcel and his wife, Rachel, on this, his last day as owner of SOS Mecano, to take a photo.  I have never had a photo of them in all the time we've needed his help.



But Rachel was an age on the phone transferring their cars from commercial to personal insurance, and Marcel was changing one last set of wheels for a local gentleman to winter tyres...



Anyway, here's the last job, and here's the last hand-wash.  And here they are, and here's a kiss!


Up to BMR for some last bits; they bend aluminium!  That'll help finish the roof for sure.  Back home and to work on the cladding. 






And then the delightful man (and his 93 year old father, helping him!) who makes a living out of muck came to enter the Fosse Septique.  A rather rich pong - not evil, just noticeable - pervaded the locale.  We have to take the receipt to the Municipality to let them know we've had it done.


















Ali spent time watching roofing videos - and then she set to and clad the roof!  I made various messes of the measuring variety but she just went up and down the ladder carrying "shingles" (tarpaulin tiles) and buckets of pitch and nails and goodness knows what else.  She finished waaaay after dark.  I had left a bag of frozen peas in the fridge, not the freezer, so I made a sort of peas pudding and we had cauliflower cheese.  Nursery grub and none the worse for that.



A very, very little to do tomorrow to that; I have rather more cladding to fight - its the ruling and the metric and the Imperial that gives me grief........






No comments:

Post a Comment