Friday, 28 September 2018

Bob the builder....

Friday, 28th September

Can we fix it?  Yes we can!











Early start, in to the village to buy the aluminium section that was folded for us.  Then on with the cladding.  I really do have trouble with measuring - and then I realised that I was beginning to run low on acceptable pieces of siding.  Late morning ( the bitumen takes a while to warm up) Ali added the last row of shingles and we fitted the aluminium flashing to the existing weatherboard.

And then it was just a bustle to get the siding on.  I didn't quite run out, and I have some six inch, hidden pieces to close the gap above the door.  AND I have to make the door fit again.....














But, at 6.45 we downed tools;


grabbed showers, loaded the cot in to the van ( James will be too big for a cot if he comes in the winter - we hope he will) and drove very gingerly through the most torrential rain imaginable to supper with Lorne and Audrey. 








Good food, the best company, what's more to say?









And it was not raining on the way home - bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment