Many years ago, a friend gave us a bread-maker with North American features; we've never used it, until now!
The bread tastes delicious - wholemeal, brown sugar, olive oil - but the shape is a disaster. Next time more liquid, or less flour!
That was Monday morning; our first day "alone" since we came to Canada. Later the same morning I made wild blueberry jam! Bread and Jam, what better?
It's been a busy two days, with moderate weather so we have been able to work outside most of the time, or lie around as it takes our fancy! Some time ago we gained our entry level John Muir awards. John Muir at 107. Part of the award was to make the meadow - as it was - more accessible to the deer. Which proved completely uneccessary as they simply hopped over the fence. Last May we levelled the meadow and took the fence away - which has proved much more effective - as you will see!
But we haven't recorded what it looks like. Well. here it is!
Together with some of the flora - cultivated and wild! Not bad, eh?
We managed a walk - for exercise - today! Just up the trail and along the back to see Gilles and Dianne. It was very lovely; the bugs are beginning to back off!
G&D have had the deer raid their flowers and vegetable patch! All Gille's beans have gone! But the seaspon is really late anyway; temperatures - particularly at night - have been unseasonably low. I'm wearing a fleece even now!

The beasts are about nevertheless; the deer (taken late this evening; sorry about the photo) and other critters are right around the house (although the Chippy was photographed on our walk). The strange lump up the tree is not a Laurentian coco-nut; it's an active wasp's nest!
I think that I was very brave putting my finger anywhere near this chap for size comparison!
The new little canoe progresses - here it is with it's glass cloth ready for resin. I shall leave it weave-showing inside to give a bit of grip when I have wet feet!
It's been a long job; made MUCH more difficult by the stain and all the need to re-do that at each and every stage. Never mind, not too long now I think!
But most of all, the house is just a delight:
Eh?!





No comments:
Post a Comment