Sunday, 28th August.
To Grace, Arundel, for Communion; then, via a wondrous cross-country route, to Camp Weredale on Lac L'Achigan, close to St Hippolyte, north of St Jerome, for the Parish (all 13 or so of us!) Picnic and confirmation service! About an hour and a half's travel!
Brilliant! THIS is what my other Bishop looks like!
- and my other Archdeacon and Priest, Ralph, who was retiring today and whose last "employed" ministry this was.
We met for worship at 15.00 and a confirmation followed - including Wayne (I think) from Morin Heights. It was very good to be there. I feel connected to these people; the style of even Ordained Ministry here is so relaxed, so "along side". I could wish to be much longer here.
Although Nick Pang is Dean of the Laurentians, you get the feeling that he is young in post. And you definitely get the feeling that he has hugely valued Ralph's pastoral care for him.
And I get such lovely emails - "Thanks for agreeing to take worship on.... It's such a help!"
I know, we shouldn't look for reward, but I've been so long in this role in the UK now that this freshness is really exciting!
We ate well at the "pot luck" afterwards and then drove down to Prevost to visit with and stay over with Karen and Denis. Lovely as always to see them; great to catch up. Monday, 29th August. Really good breakfast at the new, local "place"......
Back home; another coat of paint on the Cabin door (it's yellow - I miss the more orange sun-flower colour; might do something about that.....).
Then fishing! Another Bass - 1lb 1oz this time. Swift despatch - one for the freezer!
I'm getting better at this (or they're getting suicidal!) and I'm really enjoying it!
Skyped with the kids in the UK. Guy and Julie arrived at our place safely; Ginny and Iain had come for supper.
Have a great trip, folks :-)



Good idea to do something more orange sun-flower with the door. I am an orange person so I would have to say that!
ReplyDelete