Friday afternoon had been lovely; as I wrote to a dear friend:
"The day turned out well in the end. It was a deliciously soft, warm
afternoon - they had left before lunch - and I went finally to install
the new latch on the Cabin; about five years late! I thought that I was
going to have to rebuild the door where the old latch came from. In
the end, I did a new installation and, despite the usual faff with holes
in the frame to receive the latches, "The job's a good 'un". I shall repair
the site of the old latch and make good in due course.....
And then I went
fishing with some success, the lake as flat as a mirror, the (big,
green) canoe needing only small adjustments, and came across Ali sitting
reading on the dock, watching me across the water at the end of my session. It doesn't get better."
But Saturday, 20th August was definitely a down time day. Going in to the village the car hesitated as if mis-firing; the brake light is coming on again...... A very quiet day.
Sunday, 21st August, I woke in the night, praying that God would look over us as we drove to church in the morning. And the strange thing was that both of us overslept far too late to go! We shall see what that brings tomorrow when I get the car to Marcel.
It has rained all day, sometimes quite heavily. We have pottered and potched and enjoyed a day truly resting. Time off for good behaviour?
It has rained all day, sometimes quite heavily. We have pottered and potched and enjoyed a day truly resting. Time off for good behaviour?
Sounds like well-earned-rest to me :)
ReplyDelete-Guy
Rest, rest; what's that, Eh?
ReplyDeleteSounds idyllic! Except for the car troubles, of course.
ReplyDelete