Thursday, 24 September 2015

Losing the plot?

No, not really, just tired, that's all.

Yesterday, Wednesday the 23rd of September, Claude came to start the priming of the walls!  Sadly, that means that I still can't find any tools, and I can't do anything in the basement save endlessly wander around sweeping.  But fortunately, the weather was lovely and I carried (!!) Burlesque down to the fire pit, where the soil is bare at the moment, and used the colour-restorer and loads of water.  Then I carried it back, put it up on the trestles and returned to my sweeping..... 

Lobsang's the name, sweeping's the game.

We spent a lovely, leisurely evening catching up on the Great British Bake-off!  How's that for romance, eh?

Today, I made a determined start at clearing up the basement; another lovely day and I genuinely got on - a bit. 


Lunch on the deck in the sun; it had been really quite cool early morning but was pleasantly warm at lunch-time. 


A flock of Myrtle Warblers came to feed on the grasses by the marsh.  Ali managed to identify them "in the field".  I had to rely on these photos.







Claude came after lunch to paint the top coat.




I've re-created the shelves in part; the walls are lovely.  I can at least SEE some tools but there remains a huge, amorphous pile in the middle of the room.  Oh well; as long as the weather stays clear.....



,

1 comment:

  1. what a pretty warbler!! And the basement is looking fab.

    ReplyDelete