Tuesday, 13 March 2018

Whirlwind

Well, not really!  Just busy!

Saturday, 10th March

A great breakfast cooked by Guy - Canadian bacon is, I'm afraid, the best!

Then to Allan Gardens; Ali, Julie and the children by car, Guy and myself by tube (Metro) and bus.  This is a lovely place, although too darned hot when you're dressed for a Canadian winter day!  The major attraction for the children seems to be turtles (terrapins to you and me).  Not sure why, they do tend just to sit there!

But the planting is dense and very colourful!


 Then Guy and I called an Uber taxi (first time for everything!) and we all met up for dim-sum in Chinatown.  Great food. very slow service.

We had the real fun of babysitting the children whilst Guy and Julie went to see Mid-summer night's dream in town; the little ones were as good as gold - once we'd sorted out Lila's sleeping light controls!

Sunday 11th March.

Mothering Sunday UK - calls to my mother, calls from (or texts from) the girls to Ali.  It's a little world!

"Leap forward to Spring" they say here - the clocks went forward so we were up too late to make church, but not so late that Guy and I couldn't get to a hardware store for stainless bolts for the seats for Burlesque (hooray!) and then on to Barque for lunch.  The trouble with Toronto is - the food's too good and too varied.  I couldn't live there; I'd be morbidly obese in a month!









I had to wait for our table whilst Guy went to collect the others in the car.  This is a piece of "found art", a community notice board on Roncesvalles.  I think it's lovely - especially close up!  The empty staples where messages have been removed are poignant, prompting, maybe passionate, political....  Great!


Lunch was good (it always is at Barque) and the little ones ate well, too.


And then to the airport, and back via Montreal to Tremblant and home!  A lovely weekend, thank you all!


Monday12th March

And so the tidy up begins.  Deer, turkeys, blue-jays, chickadees all over the place; they get through so much grain between them!

We have had no major projects this year, this time.  Just a lot of travelling!  It continues to snow - although lightly and it's quite warm - -1, -2....

No comments:

Post a Comment