Sunday, 30 July 2017

Post Script

30th April / 1st May.

I realised recently that I never tidied up the blog from the Easter trip.  The truth is that the impending election increasingly coloured all of our mood, and the increasingly stormy weather limited our actions.

Sunday was Sunday - I don't seem to have taken any pictures - and Monday dawned very wet indeed.   We made our farewells and like little refugees tugged our bin-liner covered bags to the train station.  It was VERY wet.  But the train is easy and direct, two stops to Pearson - where I set off the body scanner with my soaking jumper, wet right through my jacket!

There was a very prolonged period of seat-belt compulsion because of turbulence reported by aircraft ahead of us and in fact we didn't seem to leave cloud all the way along the St Lawrence and out to St John's.  But that worked out really very well with minimal disturbances by cabin staff more or less all the way throughout the flight.


And home.

Sadly; the holiday had been massively disrupted because of a vainglorious Prime Minister and her arrogance and scheming - at least, that's the taste left in my mouth.  The next seven weeks were something else altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment